Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cool Games

As a few of you know and probably realizes by now, I am a solo pastor at a Presbyterian Church. For those who attend larger churches with many staff members, this means that I get to do pretty much everything. Yes, I do have a terrific church secretary and some great people who volunteers from the church. But, on the day to day programs and activities, it's all me. There are times that this is great.

I have been leading an after school program for our elementary age kids on days they are dismissed early (1pm in our part of the world). We get to spend time together learning, playing, eating and doing all sorts of crazy stuff. I am writing this post to let everyone know about some cool stuff I just found for elementary age and older.

Last month I purchased a computer game called Dance Praise. It is very similar to dance style games for other game systems. The biggest difference is that it works on a PC or Mac and uses Christian music. The kids love the dance game and they are learning songs that will grow their relationship with Christ. Hos cool is can that be.

Well in the package was advertisement for another game comparable to Guitar Hero. Again, same principle as Dance Praise. You use a PC or Mac and play just like the other game. You play along with your favorite Christian music and hit cords. I just got the game yesterday and set it up on my laptop. It is way fun. So, if you have not intention of buying a game system anytime soon and want to play some fun cool games, check our Digital Praise's website for their games. The kids have not tried the Guitar Praise yet, they will get their chance today. But I love the game.

No comments: