Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Mission Trip

I am preparing to leave for my first international mission trip tomorrow. I have participated in a number of mission trips to serve people here in America. I have been in downtown Cleveland, OH; Pittsburgh, PA and D'Iberville, MS. In these locations and others, I served by building structures, making repairs and other structure work. I have not been out of the country in over 20 years. I needed a new passport and stuff.

I must admit that I have mixed emotions about this trip. I am excited for everything I about to learn from the people in the Dominican Republic. They will have new construction techniques and I will have the opportunity to live in a language that I have not studied at all. Besides, This will be the first trip where the whole of the trip is not revolving around construction. We will spend our mornings working on addition to the church building that will expanded the service and care ministry of the congregation. The afternoons we will conduct Vacation Bible School and camps for basketball and baseball.

I must admit I am also very anxious about what is about to happen. This is not a group that I am use to being with on a regular bases. I am not close friends with anyone in the group (at least as of yet) and I have anxiety issues. So, the details are not in my control nor am I in charge of much except counting people before we go anywhere.

With all these emotions, I live in the grace of God. I know God has called me to be a part of this trip and learn from so many people. Any and all prayers for the days ahead are appreciated.

No comments: